Midwest
✟83,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Speaking from experience, this approach does not work well, and will cause a rift between the original poster and her stepmom.
It's best not to "attack" what the person loves, even if you show scriptures.

If someone wants to learn, they will seek out answers, and so, the best method is to simply share Bible truths. Which is what I have been doing.

I've used scriptures on these forums to share basic Bible truths, and there are persons here that have stopped communicating with me, and refused to even give a like for a post where I simply commend them.
So, just imagine when I do more than share Bible truths, but prove by scriptural references that what they believe is not Biblical. :)
The original poster does not want to generate hate between her and her stepmom.
Why would her stepmom hate knowing facts? I was a Mormon for years and I would have welcomed TRUTH sooner than I found it!

Mormons don't regard us as true Christians!

An Angel is supposedly teaching:

Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 14:10
"And he said unto me: Behold there sre save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongerh to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the harlot of all the earth.

The Doctrine of Covenants tells the reader which church pleases God, lots of anti-biblical teachings authored by Joseph Smith, etc. I can fill interested people in, but not right now. Mormon god impregnated Mary, one of his daughters, as humans do. He fathered Jesus. I have their books.

Feel free to ask me questions.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Speaking from experience, this approach does not work well, and will cause a rift between the original poster and her stepmom.
It's best not to "attack" what the person loves, even if you show scriptures.

If someone wants to learn, they will seek out answers, and so, the best method is to simply share Bible truths. Which is what I have been doing.

I've used scriptures on these forums to share basic Bible truths, and there are persons here that have stopped communicating with me, and refused to even give a like for a post where I simply commend them.
So, just imagine when I do more than share Bible truths, but prove by scriptural references that what they believe is not Biblical. :)
The original poster does not want to generate hate between her and her stepmom.
Let me clarify. If she gets along with her stepmum she can share gently. Be an ambassador. Don't argue with people. That makes people angry. If the person is a longtime or lifelong Mormon he is probably thoroughly indoctrinated and shouldn't be posting on CF. Use their books of scripture. I can help. The new or average Mormon hasn't made temple vows to keep secrets.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Devout Mormons believe there are three separate gods over this earth. They say all people are gods in embryo and are here to learn how to become gods just as their heavenly father, their jesus and other gods on other planets have done. No one ever became a god without strict obedience to Mormonism ("Plan of Salvation").

Mormon gods are humans who have earned godhood. They are willing to criticize ex-Mormons and anything or anyone in order to make converts. BTW, today's Motmons hate the word "earned" but that's their way to get eternal life/godhood.

Doctrine and Covenants (D & C) is a lengthy book of scripture in their church.

D & C 130:
22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s. . . .

The Bible says God is spirit; Jesus said "a spirit hath not flesh and bones."

As I said, I'm not a typist. I hope a Trinitarian will please jump in here and help me defend Christianity.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟434,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I just want to point out that there is a wealth of information regarding how to answer Mormons (and members of other cults) in the "Debate Non-Christian Religions" subforum. Though it is closed to further posting, you should still be able to read posts that are there, including the many, many (really, so many) threads and posts in which knowledgeable Mormons, ex-Mormons, and others discuss matters concerning that religion, its historicity (or lack thereof), and other things. It is worth looking through if you have questions about Mormonism from a Christian and from a Mormon perspective.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I just want to point out that there is a wealth of information regarding how to answer Mormons (and members of other cults) in the "Debate Non-Christian Religions" subforum. Though it is closed to further posting, you should still be able to read posts that are there, including the many, many (really, so many) threads and posts in which knowledgeable Mormons, ex-Mormons, and others discuss matters concerning that religion, its historicity (or lack thereof), and other things. It is worth looking through if you have questions about Mormonism from a Christian and from a Mormon perspective.
You are the person who can defend the Trinity here! :)

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟712,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Devout Mormons believe there are three separate gods over this earth. They say all people are gods in embryo and are here to learn how to become gods just as their heavenly father, their jesus and other gods on other planets have done. No one ever became a god without strict obedience to Mormonism ("Plan of Salvation").

Mormon gods are humans who have earned godhood. They are willing to lie about ex-Mormons and anything or anyone in order to make converts.

Doctrine and Covenants (D & C) is a lengthy book of sctipture in their church.

D & C 130:
22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s. . . .

The Bible says God is spirit; Jesus said "a spirit hath not flesh and bones."

As I said, I'm not a typist. I hope a Trinitarian will please jump in here and help me defend Christianity.

I don't know anything about the Mormons to be helpful.

I think you explained beautifully. I learned a lot and found it interesting..

I would have just said they aren't Trinitarians because that is invalidating for baptism... You have to be baptized in the Name of and with the intention of the Christian Triune God when your baptized for it to be a valid baptism.

Even if the words are the same it's clearly a different God worshipped and prayed to so nothing sacramental is valid.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟434,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

I hope everyone can defend the Trinity here and everywhere, as that is how God has revealed Himself to us. As I'm sure you know, my friend, it's not about having a bunch of academic knowledge, but about being strong in your faith, which you and many others definitely are. We are 'co-defendants', let's say, of the Truth. :)

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Evangelicals: Concentrate on Ephesians 1 & 2, biblical phrases "not of works," Isaiah 43: 10 (ONLY ONE GOD)! Ask me questions --- I know more than I did back in the day when I posted here at CF.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟712,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Nah I don't think the poster needed a defense for the Trinity, I think he was just curious.

I used to be Muslim, and Muslims don't baptize but the concept would be the same.

The Triune God is a different God from what the rest worship, and anything sacramental would not be valid coming from a non trinitarian faith.

You and I know this instinctively because we have been in religions that claimed at least something of the same God and after actually encountering the Triune God we know that we were more than just lost, but instead completely deceived.

Most Christians I think know this, many anyway. It's just not easy to give an adequate voice to this truth and I often think most people don't understand the gravity of it.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I hope everyone can defend the Trinity here and everywhere, as that is how God has revealed Himself to us. As I'm sure you know, my friend, it's not about having a bunch of academic knowledge, but about being strong in your faith, which you and many others definitely are. We are 'co-defendants', let's say, of the Truth. :)
I saw what you posted here, but don't know the link. It was extremely helpful! Words can strengthen our faith. For me, I learn by reading. "Thy word have I hid in mine heart that I might not sin against thee." I was duped by Mormons because I barely knew the Bible. My few Christian relatives barely know what we call apologetics. Read 2 Timothy 3:16.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Nah I don't think the poster needed a defense for the Trinity, I think he was just curious.

I used to be Muslim, and Muslims don't baptize but the concept would be the same.

The Triune God is a different God from what the rest worship, and anything sacramental would not be valid coming from a non trinitarian faith.

You and I know this instinctively because we have been in religions that claimed at least something of the same God and after actually encountering the Triune God we know that we were more than just lost, but instead completely deceived.

Most Christians I think know this, many anyway. It's just not easy to give an adequate voice to this truth and I often think most people don't understand the gravity of it.
I'm coming from another perspective. Mormons believe parts of the Bible but criticize the Trinity. God strongly impressed on me that I should read the Bible because Mormons only believed verses that could be used to conform to their teachings. My parents and grand parents weren't Christians or any religion. If I hadn't started reading my Bible, I couldn't have become Christian. In the atmosphere in which I was raised, I needed to learn what GOD has said! I did not know the Bible instinctively.

In Mormonism, the "Father god" had sex with his created daughter Mary. That is disgusting and blasphemous.

Joseph Smith said "You have got to learn to be Gods yourselves, the same as all Gods have done before you."

I'm old and have studied Mormonism for decades. I know how to compare it to Christianity. I'm sorry if people disagree with me and disrespect my knowledge.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
New International Version
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

New Living Translation
Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.

English Standard Version
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

It seems as though people here are trying to silence me, but I didn't mean to offend anyone.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
:cry: BIBLE:

New International Version
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

New Living Translation
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Joy

John 3:16
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
May 21, 2004
West Midlands
✟1,410,722.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

After Staff Review

This a Reminder to ask you

to respond to this Thread

as requested in the

Statement of Purpose - Requests for Christian Advice Statement of Purpose

We would ask that members direct their responses to the member who started the thread and refrain from debating one another's theological beliefs and viewpoints. Do not use this forum to debate with other Christians as that is not the purpose of the Requests for Christian Advice forum. If members would like to discuss/debate specific Christian theological doctrines, they should do so in one of the Theology forums.

Thank You

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0